Saturday, June 5, 2010

I keep hearing people blame love.

But love doesn't walk away. People do.

And I just keep thinking how you pushed me away that day. How you broke free from me.
I made trips to your house, not just once. In the night, it was drizzling, I was drenched, left in the rain waiting for you. Crying, praying & begging hopelessly..


Maybe what they said is right, it ain't easy for couples to remain as friends even after break up.
I just keep seeing our past, everyday like a broken tape recorder. You keep coming into my mind..
Nonetheless, I still love you. But we'll never have a future.
I thought you'd be the guy I can spend the rest of my birthday I'm left with. But, sadly, only once baby.

That year, when I was 15years old. My family did not celebrate for me, not even a cake was bought. But you, took me out for a meal, a very nice meal. Bought me a branded wallet, a bouquet of yellow roses - my favourite colour, folded-heart straws which you spent nights working on it & hamsters with the cage and everything well-equipped. But that time, our relationship wasn't known to my parents yet. I was worried that they'd find out about us.
But you still gave me my presents, you were afraid to run into my parents at the lift lobby, so you climbed up 9 storeys(I stayed at 11th floor but we met at 9th to avoid my parents) to pass me my present, gave me a kiss & hug. Although it was a simple without any celebrations nor birthday cake but I was already feeling very happy, the happiest girl on Earth.
But this year was on the contrary, I'll be having a grand birthday party, a wonderful delicious cake. Many people will be celebrating my birthday with me, but you won't be there..anymore.
As empty as I am feeling now, I'll still brace up & stay strong. I believe a smile can hide a thousand tears. Thank you baby for letting my 15th birthday to be a meaningful one.

I was grateful for that, really I am.

Perhaps, weiling you're right. Money isn't everything. Money can never buy me happiness.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Weiling said...

:(
i hope you'll be happy for your 16th birthday though! and i hope you'll be happy for the rest of the days too because you deserve to be. don't let a guy drag you down! at least you still have your family and friends who'll always love and support you :)

June 5, 2010 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Jiaying said...

Hey, thanks. I've picked myself up, and am happy already (: Just sometimes, I think about him & get emotional. Yes, I've a wonderful family and friends that are always here by my side. And weiling, you know what? I finally understood why money isn't everything..(:

June 5, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home