Saturday, May 29, 2010

Love is selfish

I really have qualms on agreeing to this statement - love is selfish.

Isn't it? Why?
I used to be so independent, I can stand on my own feet, I wander around the streets alone. I don't need you. But you came into my life. I accepted you. I accepted the life of having 2 person instead of 1. I adapt to changes very quickly.
But you are so selfish. When you're ready to love, you love. When you're not, you just withdraw all your love from me. Why?

Have you ever thought of me? I'm a human, I run, I walk, I cry, I laugh. I act like any other normal human being. I'm just like you, I've got no special powers to make me free from all pain.
When I needed a listening ear the most, you left me. You should know, you're the closest to me and I share every little thing with you. I gossip, share secrets, love you. You're more than a boyfriend to me. I thought my heart would really be safe with you. But I was wrong, so wrong.

You're selfish. I need you, but you still left me. This year is so much of an important year for me. I'm taking the national examination. Last year, when you took your O' levels, its me, your girlfriend. Me, I'm the one studying together with you, teaching you formats for Social studies. Waking up early just to have breakfast with you and accompany you to school to have examinations. I was always there for you, wasn't I? I've always been there, your pillar of support. And when your results were out, I seemed more worried than anyone else. Everytime you're sad, I try my best to act like a clown to make you happy. Again, I was always there for you, wasn't I?

But now, my turn. My important year, my future, my happiness all depend on the result I'm getting this year. My first paper starts the day after tomorrow. I'm feeling tensed up, I wanna have Macdonald breakfast with you, I need some encouragement from you, I need your concern, but you left me. I've got no one now. I can't depend on anyone. You're selfish. You chose to leave me and hurt me so deeply on this so fucking important year.

I've always been there for you, but have you?
You're selfish. Your love for me is selfish. I hope I could be half as selfish as you..

But then again, when people say bad things about you. I'm bound to get angry and defend for you. Why? I ask myself why again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home