Thursday, June 24, 2010

Empathizing

I'm happy with my work today and I met really nice people. Maybe its because I was the only girl and I was the youngest over there. Many people were afraid I couldn't manage the heavy stuffs and offered help to me, generously.
Anyway, to clear your doubts, I'm working for a 1 day event at a restaurant called Novus located in Singapore Museum. Its actually a really really simple job for me, I just had to refill the guests glasses with iced water - thats all. And do you know who are the guests we had today? It was around 20 people who are big shots and influential.
By the way, the guests were all very powerful and they were holding a meeting about our nation's affair, I heard a little about it from the meeting.. You can see really young lady like around 30+ year old holding a post of a CEO. I was really impressed and I'm inspired by her, really. And I also met 1 of Singapore's Minister, under the Navy if I'm not wrong. And also the very well-known and famous Professor Tommy Koh! He's a big shot, I'm not lying! He's the current Ambassador-At-Large at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Special Adviser of the Institute of Policy Studies and Chairman of the National Heritage Board.

I was so awed by all the influential people I met today, really an eye opener! And there were even bodyguards outside the banquet.
They're holding a meeting in the Museum and they booked a fine-dining lunch with Novus, the company I'm working under.

Speaking about fine-dining, its all about - etiquette. I had to be really really extremely wonderfully perfectly careful in refilling their glasses and I could not make a single bitsy tiny miny mistake. But, thanks to my really wonderful pair of hands, no mistake were made! I had fun working for this company and my only complain is that my boss told me to take out my little mushroom. And so, my conch piercing is officially closed now and its swollen like a mushroom! Gonna get it pierced again when the swell goes away..

-

This is the painful path I chose to take.. I have to bear with it, even its constantly hurting me like I'm walking on a bed full of nails.. I can't express nor voice out whats' happening to me lately because of no reason. I just can't, and I won't. Sigh, perhaps if one day you see me breaking down in the streets/school you can come forward and ask, whats that one thing that I've been keeping from my blog. That one thing, is said to be one of my closest, precious - secret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home