Thursday, September 16, 2010

The pair of broken yellow slippers

Yes, the slippers you gave me broke. It breaks my heart so much to see it broken.
I can't walk on it anymore, the slipper that I once laid my footsteps with you, together. The similar slipper we had, that you bought.
Though its just a very simple pair of slipper, I think of it as a lot. Not because I'm feeling heartbroken for you paying forty bucks over a pair of it. You know, these can't be seen in monetary terms. These are memories that were real, there were the prints that we left on places we've been to. They were all real...

People may find it amusing of me taking too hard on a broken slipper. But, no one could really understand this unexplainable feeling that haunts me so much..

Yesterday I was walking on a pair of broken slippers, many eyes were on me. I was a girl dragging her right foot with a bag hung over her shrugged shoulders, seemingly trying her way to get used to the weird stares, keeping her balance and also to hold back her tears..
It was alright to walk like a fool, like an idiot. In a pair of broken slippers that brings so much memories.. It was beautiful..

The slippers were utterly broken, beyond repair; couldn't be worn anymore. But, I'm still keeping it and feeling all unwilling to throw it away. I can't bear to.. I looked at the soles of the slippers, I could see images of us walking towards the Siloso beach, I could see us riding a twin bicycle along the beach.. It was like a time machine that brought me back to the past..
And, I can't, just can't bear to throw the past away..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home